Superstar Shah Rukh Khan’s house Mannat is always crowded by his admirers, who anxiously wait for a fleeting glimpse of the superstar. However, recently a disturbing report hit the headlines – a person from Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh had threatened to blow up his house as part of a terror attack in Mumbai.
A man has been detained in India for allegedly making a bomb threat near the Bollywood actor’s residence. The detainee apparently called Mumbai police and made the threat, an official told the Times of India.
The call evening prompted searches at various places in the city, including the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSMT) and the area near King Khan’s house, however, nothing suspicious was found. The south region control room of Mumbai Police received the call at 6:22pm on Thursday, the police official said.
The caller, who identified himself as Jitesh Thakur, claimed that he was from the army and there will be an attack in Mumbai with a “nuclear bomb” and bombings at the aforementioned places and near a gurdwara in Kharghar in neighboring Navi Mumbai. Bomb detection and disposal squads and sniffer dog units combed all these spots but nothing suspicious was found, the official said.
The Jabalpur Police had said that Thakur was a repeat offender and had previously made such fake calls. “He does not have any motive. He often gets drunk and then makes these calls,” said the officials.
The caller was traced to Jabalpur, following which local police detained him. A team of Government Railway Police (GRP) here has left for MP to arrest him, the official added. GRP commissioner Quiser Khalid had tweeted earlier in the day that there was a threat call about bombing CSMT and Kurla stations, but it turned out to be a hoax.
Have something to add to the story? Share it in the comments below.